Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Stroll Upon the Prom

To someone from a landlocked state, the seaside is a dream.

The sound of waves is like soft fruit sherbet to my ears, and my eyes are intrigued by the sun burning on the tips of the waves, even under a gray sky.
Paige and I walked a good forty minutes along the beach at Mumbles the other day. It was a bit chilly, so here were are, windswept but enjoying the fresh air, ocean view, and each other's company!
 
 

 

Swansea has quite the dog population. You see dogs on leashes, dogs heeling obediently beside their cycling owners, dogs eating ice cream with their owners and grossing out other people and their dogs.

 

At the end of the pier, Paige and I stopped at Verdi's for sundaes. We stared at the menu for at least ten minutes, envisioning different combinations of cream and chocolate flakes and syrups, but I settled on a strawberry sorbet with kiwi and fudge pieces, and Paige tried apple crumble and mint chocolate chip with cream.

 

After Verdi's we headed back. The tide had gone out, so we walked on the barriers that were submerged earlier. At the bus stop, Paige taught me how to make a daisy chain.

I really do like to be beside the sea.

 

2 comments:

  1. What a nice life! I'm glad you get to enjoy fun terrain like that every day! Have you started missing Oklahoma or family? Or do you start missing being there if you start thinking of the day you have to leave? You made a great choice of ice cream- how yum! So glad you are having a good time! I feel like you are really making the most of your opportunities! You seem to be zooming about everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I do get to enjoy such fun and unusual terrain! I have started to miss Oklahoma a little bit, but when then when I compare it to where I am and think of the buggy summer, I stop. I miss my fam and peeps back home, though, even though I email/facebook.
      Yay, I get Karen approval! :D

      Delete