Monday, February 2, 2015

Bath Continued: Artifacts

It didn't seem right to give Bath only one blog post. This is my quick collection of notable displays.

 
 

 

A live tour guide had a group there, but I didn't mind just listening to the recording.

Apparently, this was the hairdo of the day.

One of several impressive tombstones.

Throughout the museum were depictions of the Roman sun god Sol.

This next one made me laugh. Read the third "curse" paper from the left. Bath towel thievery.

 

7 comments:

  1. Yes! This is the type of cake I was waiting for! I love this type of terrain! Ancient things! Hahah! Bath towel thievery! Amusing indeed! That orange waterfall bath place looks outstanding! Any more info on it? Is this a National archeology museum of there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I thought you woud like this kind of cake, since you love going to museums! That waterfall place is where they diverted the excess water. The buildings above the Roman Baths are filled with these archeological finds!

      Delete
  2. They shouldn't waste all that good onsen water! What is "the third curse paper"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they must have used it for something!
      The little papers there are curses. I'm not sure what they did with them, but under the third one there is a funny description.

      Delete
  3. Karen we posted almost simultaneously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh no, why does Google hate your comments? You don't get along like you do with the self-checkout lady?

      Delete