Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Sea

Prynhawn da, pawb! Good afternoon, everybody!

 

I turned in my 10-source, 2400 word essay yesterday at 4:02 p.m., exactly one hundred-twenty seconds after the deadline. Dr. Bryn did say in perfect seriousness that it would be counted late even one second after 4:00, but I'm hoping he has some merciful bones in his body!

On a happier note, I got all my pictures uploaded, finally! This is from our Mumbles field trip, or maybe this was Rhossili? I don't know the Bay well enough yet.


 
 
It was cold that day, can you tell? I hurried back to the bus right after I took my selfie.
And after I stopped to take a picture of the chalky white seashell, rocks, and Welsh sand.

Literally across the street from Fulton House, the main university building, is the beach, but I was too cold and hungry this afternoon to go. Instead, I vacuumed my room (hoovered, I should say) and rearranged the furniture so I can get to my radiator more easily, so I can dry my laundry for free and none £1.10.

The gray sky outside seems to be saying today should be a reading day. My bookshelf is stocked up with travel articles about Italy, The Jane Austen Pocket Bible, Anne of Green Gables, The Telegraph, and The Waterfront. All I need now is a cup of tea.

 

1 comment:

  1. O finally! Yeei, congrats for finishing the essay. I too hope your prof will be merciful. You indeed look cold. O I love radiators! They don't blow out nasty wind like our heater. Indeed that's the way to dray your laundry.

    ReplyDelete