Friday, February 13, 2015

Hendrefoelan Student Village

 

 

Before I came to Swansea, I didn't have a clear picture of what my accommodations would be like. As it turns out, all of us Brad Henry Scholars live in the Hendrefoelan Student Village. It is about a 10 minute bus ride away from uni, but I've taken to walking at least one way, which takes about 25 minutes through some nice neighborhoods and a park.

 

 
There are flats, and there are houses in the Village. I live in a house with 10 private bedroom with 2 shared showers, 1 bath, 2 toilets. The sinks ("hand basins") are in the rooms.
 

 

There isn't an abundance of space in my room, but I think I am using it quite efficiently.

 

 

(My desk is a lot messier now) The radiator keeps me toasty, and my window can lock open if I want fresh air. Also, the curtains block the light really well (it's bad the mornings my alarm didn't go off!)

It's quite nice, except for the lack of fridge/freezer space in the kitche, and the increased number of daddy-long-legs I've been discovering in my room. :[

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Now I get a better idea of your dwelling. It's nice to have a private sink. In a pinch, you can even do a quick sponge bath. I spy your faithful mended gloves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I could do sponge bath! I usually wash my face there.
      Actually, I took that picture about a week ago. Since then, my gloves disappeared! So I bought new ones at Primark for a pound.

      Delete