Friday, April 3, 2015

Betws-y-Coed

 

 

Along the Llugwy River, known for Swallow Falls, is the Victorian-style village, Betws-y-Coed. It used to be an artist colony. Now it's a hiker's haven. Seemed like every ten feet in the Victorian-style village I saw another sporting goods store filled with neon Welsh-weather jackets and collapsible cups. With B&B's and craft shops galore, it's a bit of a tourist trap.

 

Souvenir Lane aside, the area has therapeutic beauty. I didn't expect to see such a piney forest in Wales--it reminded me a bit of home. The trees were incredibly straight and tall, like giant chopsticks. My iPad couldn't capture their neck-craning height.

 

I didn't have time to hike up to Swallow Falls, so I took the walk marked as especially good for the disabled. It's also good for the young able.

 

 

 

In case you were lost.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This town is a bit too touristy but indeed it's beautiful if you can get away from the center. I went to Swallow Fall. It's super amazing. I took a video so you can see it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! How good Mama was able to get to Swallow Fall! I want to watch the video and see what I missed.

      Delete