Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Seriously Easy Soup

People think I'm so healthy because I eat salad and fruit all the time. Really, I'm just not bothered to plan a grocery list according to a recipe and do a lot of measuring and mixing.

Sometimes it's nice to have a hot meal, though, and the other day I found a dish easy enough for even me.

Egg drop soup. A classic American Chinese food, a novelty to the British.

It's quite nice, and easy. Seriously.


 

Ingredients (add or subtract whatever whatever carbs and veg you like):

2 c water

couple drops of oil (preferably sesame, but I used olive)

leek &/ onion chopped

1/2 c frozen peas

spoonful of tomato paste (optional)

spoonful of soy sauce, and then to taste

one or two cloves of garlic

rice noodles

egg

handful of spinach

cooked rice


Directions:

Add oil, leek and/or onion + peas to water and bring to a boil in a saucepan. Add tomato paste, soy sauce, and garlic. Stir occasionally. Add noodles. When everything is cooked, slowly pour in the beaten egg. Slowly stir clockwise with a fork for 1 minute to get it nice and shreddy. Add spinach. Remove from heat. Add rice. Eat.

 

2 comments:

  1. What are the black flakes? Can you stir counterclockwise too? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flakes are basil. I put it on everything!
      Hehe, the recipe said clockwise, but I didn't actually pay attention to what way I mixed. :D

      Delete