Friday, January 9, 2015

Five Days to Go

     One of my favorite winter smells is wood smoke. It makes me think of snow, and of being toasty while I read a book. Papa and Ken split wood for two days, I helped stack, and the stove is going. No snow yet, but the low tonight is 14 degrees. Oklahoma winter is readying me for Welsh weather. 5 days until my plane leaves!


     I've been telling people about this trip since April, but I still can't believe it's real. I get to live and study at Swansea University by the beach and maybe walk in mysterious woods*?

     God is giving me a jeweled glove--it fits so well but it seems too good! Or maybe it's like cake. Because it's very much meant to be shared.



*Wales, if you aren't sure, is not England. Here is an excellent Youtube video that helped me understand the much too confusing geographical/political situation within the British Isles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10 
       

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I like it already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It will be more exciting in 4 days!

      Delete
  2. No wonder it took you hours to write this first post. Everything is skillfully weaved in to create almost an end of the term essay. In addition to all the other stuff, you will become a rare and precious ambassador for Wales. The Welsh Assembly Government ought to thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you Mama! The posts to follow will hopefully be more off-the-cuff, but I wanted to get the first post right.
      I hope I can be such a good ambassador!

      Delete
  3. This video is hilarious and so educational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, what a glorious pre-trip blog! I like how you elaborate on the smell of wood smoke- what you describe is right on! And what a good way to put your wales adventure- like a glove or cake- I think you have been sharing about the cake for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! How nice!
      I'm glad to be sharing my cake :) There is more to come!

      Delete
    2. well, my mouth is gaping open in waiting!

      Delete