Thursday, January 29, 2015

Flapjacks, Not Flapjacks

I think I need to have a whole separate blog about food. But that would be too complicated, so if you hate food selfies, sorry!

I came back from shopping and saw some kind of dessert baking in the oven. It looked like chocolate rice crisy treats. When I asked my flatmate what it was, she said it was flapjacks.

 
Not the same thing as American flapjacks, obviously, but insanely delicious! It's a caramelly oat treat, and she melted a choclate orange (that's for another post!) on top.
Also of note, I finally bought a mug today. So now I can drink tea!
 

Pretty excited about that! And it only cost 1 pound. <3 Wilko's--it has great prices on dinnerware (and on clothes hangers, chocolate, and Digestive biscuits, but that's for another shopping trip).

 

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice mug. It's a necessity in the land of tea! I remember coveting a similar one in an open air market in Caernarfon, but had to give it up or my luggage would have been too heavy. Did you buy a pan too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled and found out the flapjacks there are Scotch Tea I have made numerous times, only without the mysterious "melted chocolate orange."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice? Plain, but perfect. How poor of Mama's luggage. If I end up having space, I can bring it back. I didn't buy a pan yet, but hopefully I can tomorrow!

      Aha! So my tastebuds were right. I thought it tasted like Scotch Tea. :) The chocolate orange is such a fun thing. I will have to buy one and post about it.

      Delete
  3. I somehow missed this delicious blog before. Haha. Yum!!! And yay for my new mug! Is it getting put to good use?? I bet they have tons of yummy teas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Do I feel like I'm tasting it?
      I use my mug multiple times every day! It doubles as a bowl, too, since somehow I lost my bowl!
      I haven't branched out on tea yet--I just got the cheapeast possible one. If I come back to the UK and I have all the money to spend, I will try every different kind of tea and compare!

      Delete