Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wales is Real!

                                   

The bus ride was a little less than 5 hours, but I could have ridden for hours more, looking at the unbelievable greenness, the fascinating round-abouts that serve instead of stop sings, the tall and narrow white houses with many windows, the old men wearing newsboy hats and scarves, the ladies dressed up for grocery shopping, the dark stone houses, stone churches and stone walls, and the beautiful Welsh words on signs and stores.

Once off the National Express, we took a local coach.


I'm clumsy with my pounds and pence and public transportation, so I accidentally bought an extra ticket to Hendrefoelan Student Village! Still, her Majesty is smiling, and Joy and I arrived and got our keys.

It was spitting rain by that time, and some lads helped me find my room.

I feel very small here, and a little lost.


Pooh, on the other hand, is totally at home.

Thanks so much, everybody who told me goodbye, who gave me advice, who took me out or got me things for the trip, and who are praying for me!


7 comments:

  1. Waaaah! It's hard to believe you are actually in Wales! Hahaha, the familiar blanket and sheets! I didn't know you managed to stuff in Pooh too. What an adventure for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i just want to make sure i can comment properly before writing an entire response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I can! I just finished writing an entire comment, but it erased it all- so here I go again, second round.
    I can't believe how quick you posted! I hope you keep it up! It's so fun and I can just imagine your journey reading your blog! Wow! It's brand new fun terrain!!!! I like the terrain you are describing- stone churches and all- reminds me of my happy michealangelo days in Italy! And brand new, very un-tahlequah-like descriptions are being typed out of your fingertips! yes, I know what you mean about wanting to look out the window forever- that was one of my favorite things to do when traveling in Europe- I could never get tired of viewing the new terrain!!!

    So they have roundabouts there too?? You are just like me then-I found them very interesting in Italy- I always tried to figure out the system and it seems like the buses would keep going around and around forever-very interesting.

    Yay! New money terrain! Isn't it fun to have to suddenly use a new money?! One that's not dollars or yen!

    Your room looks nice! Ha! Pooh is all cozy and at home already and with a very familiar blanket debuting- it's probably getting puzzled at its new, not talley environment.

    Don't worry about feeling small Erika- soon, you will be so used to it (even if you can't imagine it now!), it will be so home for you, you will just know all your way around, and you will in fact find it hard to believe how new and lost you felt at first!

    Have fun on your adventure and keep posting!!!! Let me know when you want to skype big sis (if you aren't too busy, and if you just want to skype a short time even, I can promise I won't drag things out as I often do (sorry).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! No stop signs? It looks so interesting so far! I'm looking forward to lots and lots of pics!!!

    Pooh looks very comfortable and homey. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen one stop sign so far, and it's within this little student village we have.

      Delete
  5. Nice!! Looking forward to hearing more and seeing photos! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! More coming soon. :) I hope. I need a computer to upload my photos.

      Delete